10.12.2008

Time Warp back to 1998

I was cleaning out my garage and I found my Riven DVD-Rom game. I remember spending hours on that game trying to solve it, but never did. I wanted to play it again so badly, I put it in my macbook to see if it worked. Nope! The computer didn't even recognize the disc so I had to restart to get the disc to come out. What a bummer, I'm hoping some Riven-Mac-er will come along to this blog and let me know if I have any hope of ever playing this game again and what I have to do.....

6 comments:

Paula Nelson October 12, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

Ooh! I loved Riven.
I don't think you you have any choice but to borrow some time on a PC :~(

I was bummed when I found my computer game "the Neverhood" and couldn't play it anymore... do you know about that one? It's a character called Clayman going through a world of polymer clay... and it was hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfVQ7Tm-JMo

renovia October 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

Well, I'm hoping there's a patch because it's a hybrid disc for Windows 95 and Mac OS.........

I'll go look up Neverhood....

renovia October 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Hey Paula, I got it working!!!!!

M Dawson October 12, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

I was about to respond when I read you had managed to make it work. Great stuff. I confess I am slowly creeping my way through the last game of the series on Paul' PC I might get there yet. I love the game, the images and the ideas.

Have fun!

renovia October 12, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Oh, I've been playing it all night. But I'm a sucker for instant gratification and I've been using some cheats!

Paula Nelson October 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

heehee... cool.
I loved those whales in the game! I remember getting really frustrated with some giant sun-dial contraptions, though! It's been a few years ;~)

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates