8.23.2010

The healing process

Hello everyone, I've been working hard to sort through my thoughts this summer. It's been busy so I haven't had as much time as I'd like.

I finally had the courage to purchase some mason stains. Red, Yellow, Green and Blue. Here is my first attempt at creating some new colors - too light, but I can always add stain. My ratio was 10 tsp to 1/4 tsp. I used the teaspoon increment because my clear glaze is already mixed and I have a lot of it so I went with that - and added the stain to little glass phials with small amounts of the glaze in it.



I also had time to make two coil tea cups along with two of my petal saucers. I let them sit for a couple days while I waited for some inspiration on the design. I had the idea for a family tree for my sister as we are both still in grieving/healing modes but I thought that would be a little difficult. But I loved the tree motif so I went with it.





Then I knew I wanted to paint a phrase on the cup. Something motivational for me and my sister. I stewed over that for a day or two as well. And then it came to me, "let the breeze guide you". It summed up all I was feeling that day because as I was glazing I heard the neighbor's child playing outside saying "grampy, grampy" and that just started a flood of emotions that needed to come out.



It's all good. . .

5 comments:

Paula Nelson August 23, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Beautiful!!

I think of you often, my online former-Etsy sister ;~)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats August 23, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

These are lovely and very gentle remembrances, too. Do you know about Devon Mottoware? My mom's side of the family is English and I have a few pieces from what was once a large collection, lost over the years..

http://www.torquayus.org/

Mishkat August 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

I really like the mason glaze colors and I don't think they are too light! (I particularly like the red and blue.) And the tree cup and saucer are amazing! Very well done.

I'm glad you've had a little time this summer to deal with your grief - in my experience, it's an ongoing process that takes a while. And I know you'll be even busier very soon.

Love and (((hugs))) -
Katie

Jen September 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

The mason glazes are very pretty, they look nice and soft. The plate & mug are gorgeous! Really stunning.

Melange,  October 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Beautifully artistic, Renovia :)

Pop into Jwfan sometime and say Hi!

Melange

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates