8.21.2009

Feature Friday: LittleStudioJewels

Meghann from Little Studio Jewels
How did you get started:

I always loved art, but photography really held me captive. When going on a cross-Canada drive when I was 13, my mom got me a basic point and shoot and a roll of film for each week. I took some of the most amazing photos and I was hooked!

For my jewelry making, during high school, I could never find jewelry I liked at the quality I wanted, with a decent price tag. I made my own instead! When I became sick with fibromyalgia and had to quit my job, I needed something to keep me occupied, and my arts came back to me. I haven't looked back since and it has been a great experience to run my own business doing something I love.


What are your inspirations?


My husband, my dog, my family and friends are all inspirational. My husband works so hard to get the things he wants and needs and it shows me that if I work hard, I can do the same. My dog keeps things simple, and I think we all need to take a page from her. Play, eat, sleep, work, everything is just simple - no dramas or manipulations, it is wonderful. My family and friends are all great for different reasons and they keep me happy and sane. I am also inspired by nature, and my Celtic heritage. They both transcend time!


What are your favorite pieces?


I am currently working on my new collection, called NeoAmour, which means new love. I am taking powerful women from history and creating pieces inspired by them. It is fabulous - I get to make jewelry to satisfy my inner artist, and I get to satisfy my inner nerd by researching great women! Here are some of my favorites: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15301910
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28568467
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25758133


Are you affiliated with any charities?


I help many animal organizations, as I give 10% of my total sales to a different charity each month. Some months I help people charities, but I love my animal ones too! Here is a list of charities I help:
Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
Rescue 100 - an organization devoted to rescuing 100 horses found perilously ill in Alberta in 2008 and seized by the local SPCA
The Arthritis Society of Canada
The Country Cat Sanctuary - A local No Kill Sanctuary for rescued and abandoned cats
National ME/FM Network Canada - an organization devoted to helping improve the lives of those with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and Fibromyalgia (FM)
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Hearts on Noses - a sanctuary helping abandoned and abused mini pigs in BC
Rideau Valley Wildlife Society
Epic Farms in Alabama
National Wildlife Federation
Lanark Animal Welfare Society

SALES AND SPECIALS
I am having a sale the last week of August and also for one day on my birthday, September the 10 - everything is 20% off!

2 comments:

BeadedTail August 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Great feature on Meghann! Her work is beautiful!

Meghann August 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Thank you so much for the feature, yours is up now too :)

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates