7.31.2009

Small Scare with Luxor Yesterday

I was in a funk all day yesterday - so I decided to try to take a nap. I noticed Luxor was really grooming his self for a while, so I looked up and he had blood on his chest and leg. Not a lot, but enough to make me freak out (which isn't very much anyway). So I checked him all over, no cuts. I checked Stoli, no cuts. They hadn't been fighting. His lip looked pink. I let him be, Anthony and I watched him grooming later in the day and it happened again. We cleaned it up right away so the blood didn't get on his fur and make him groom harder. It still looked like his lip but I noticed his tongue was red too.

We called his vet, they weren't too worried, they said cats sometimes scratch themselves if their claws are sharp. Luxor HATES when we clip his nails, and I waited too long - I clipped them yesterday. All of them.

I went to bed and it happened again, his fur was wet he was grooming so much. I washed him down and then dried him then played with him to get his mind off of grooming. I had nightmares all night and all day I got all queasy thinking about the blood.

I would be REALLY worried if something else was wrong with him. But he's eating well, playing hard, sleeping normally, litter box is normal, and only grooming a little more than normal - because of the blood.

Crossing my fingers:

10 comments:

Mishkat July 31, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Poor Luxor! The cats and I are all sending him many purrs - we hope it's just what the vet says. I am bad about claw clipping too.

P.S. I can completely understand you being worried, of course!

Jake and Micah July 31, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

We hope Luxor feels better soon! What's bothering your little guy? I wonder if something is stressing him and that's why he's over grooming himself. Our gang is sending purrs his way that he feels better soon!

Alexis July 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Poor kitty! I'm not sure what that could be, but judging by his behavior I'd say he's okay. If it goes on too long though, I'd be calling the vet to make an appointment!

*crossing fingers for Luxor*

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats July 31, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Could he be having some dental issues? That's worrisome for sure!

Meghann July 31, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Poor Luxor, I hope he gets better soon!

renovia July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Thank you all for your well wishes. Luxor is fine today. We thought it might be a tooth thing but I looked at his teeth and they are ok, and the vet thought it wouldn't be that because he's only three. So we're keeping an eye on him, so far he's fine.

renovia July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

oh, and Luxor just was 'overgrooming' himself yesterday because of the blood on his furs, he doesn't normally. Although he does like to look good. Nice sharp claws too, got those good too.

Cat with a Garden July 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Uh, we hope Luxor is okay. We're sending purrs your way, hopefully it's "nothing".
Siena & Chilli

Annette Tait July 31, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Got my fingers crossed for him too!
He is a very handsome cat - saw his beauty parlour shots below!

NeeNee August 2, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

I hope Luxor is still doing fine. One day I noticed one of our older kitties had a cut on the top of her head. The only way I can figure it happened is that she must have been scratching her head and cut it with her back claw. It healed really quickly.

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates