5.21.2009

Flip Mino HD Tips and Tutorial

Hello all!

I've had some great experiences with my Flip Mino HD and some successful troubleshooting too and I wanted to share them with you.

1. Low light videos come out 'ok'. Not, "WOW" but good.
2. I recorded a concert of mine and the sound was really good and the picture was great - note! Use a tripod!! The camera shake on the HD is exaggerated because of the high quality, so tripods are really really really useful.


TUTORIAL:

The red button records, and stops recording.

After you've captured the moments you wanted, flip the USB out and connect the camera to your computer. You can use the FlipShare program to transfer your videos but NOTE you can not upload them to YouTube in HD from this program. You must use iMovie or the windows equivalent. This blog has a great tutorial for optimizing your setting for HD videos on YouTube.

After you've shot some videos and deleted them from your flip mino, you may find that you do not have full capacity on your camera. I worked on this for an hour before calling tech support. Contrary to other reviews, I found the representative very helpful (Thanks Dawn). Here are the steps to clearing your cameras 'cache':

1. Delete all the videos on your camera using the cameras buttons.
2. Plug your camera in to the computer
3. Click on the camera's icon on your desktop
4. Drag the DCIM folder to your trash
5. Open your computers trash folder
6. There should be a DCIM folder, open it.......see if there are videos there - there should be.
7. Empty your trash
8. Eject your camera
9. Power on your camera, the capacity should be back to normal now.

If not - you'll probably need to call their support like I did..... :)

11 comments:

Mishkat May 22, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Whoa - I googled that to see what it was - I know I should know, but I'm always behind the tech curve! - that is amazing! The kitty videos you've been taking are really great.

renovia May 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Thanks Katie, I love it - it's really fun to use. I was a little stumped on this so I thought others might be too!

Lizzy June 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

I can't get any sound when I playback videos--can you help me?
thanks!

renovia June 15, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

what won't play sound, your flip or your computer?

emg15 June 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

There is a volume control in the flip share software - located in the bottom right corner of the trim window - go to the menu bar>file (or edit - can't remember which!)>trim .

I just worked with someone new to using the flip with the windows platform. This volume control was all the way down. Once it was adjusted we had perfect audio.

TheImportersWife August 6, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Thanks for this tutorial!!! You rock! :)

Anonymous,  December 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I just opened my Christmas present... Mino HD Rocked for about 3 minutes of shooting. Now it just sits there with all of the white navigation lights on and, of course, defies me to get any results from pushing any of the buttons including On/Off.

If I ever get this bad boy running again, I'll pursue the issue of no or very little sound from recorder or MAC. I wish it were as simple of volume controls turned down...I would have already solved my dilemma if that were the case.

HELP!!!!

Anonymous,  December 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

I just opened my Christmas present... Mino HD Rocked for about 3 minutes of shooting. Now it just sits there with all of the white navigation lights on and, of course, defies me to get any results from pushing any of the buttons including On/Off.

If I ever get this bad boy running again, I'll pursue the issue of no or very little sound from recorder or MAC. I wish it were as simple of volume controls turned down...I would have already solved my dilemma if that were the case.

HELP!!!!

Andy Starbuck,  January 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Thanks for the Deleting Cache lesson. My problem was solved within two minutes. You saved my vacation.

Frederic,  March 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Have you ever had an issue with the video and audio being out-of-synch on your Mino HD? I have had one for several months now, and the audio has always been off. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Axl Prose June 25, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Worked perfectly - thank you for posting!

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates