I've had some great experiences with my Flip Mino HD and some successful troubleshooting too and I wanted to share them with you.
1. Low light videos come out 'ok'. Not, "WOW" but good.
2. I recorded a concert of mine and the sound was really good and the picture was great - note! Use a tripod!! The camera shake on the HD is exaggerated because of the high quality, so tripods are really really really useful.
The red button records, and stops recording.
After you've captured the moments you wanted, flip the USB out and connect the camera to your computer. You can use the FlipShare program to transfer your videos but NOTE you can not upload them to YouTube in HD from this program. You must use iMovie or the windows equivalent. This blog has a great tutorial for optimizing your setting for HD videos on YouTube.
After you've shot some videos and deleted them from your flip mino, you may find that you do not have full capacity on your camera. I worked on this for an hour before calling tech support. Contrary to other reviews, I found the representative very helpful (Thanks Dawn). Here are the steps to clearing your cameras 'cache':
1. Delete all the videos on your camera using the cameras buttons.
2. Plug your camera in to the computer
3. Click on the camera's icon on your desktop
4. Drag the DCIM folder to your trash
5. Open your computers trash folder
6. There should be a DCIM folder, open it.......see if there are videos there - there should be.
7. Empty your trash
8. Eject your camera
9. Power on your camera, the capacity should be back to normal now.
If not - you'll probably need to call their support like I did..... :)