3.06.2009

Friday Feature

WONG POTTERY

What is the name of your store and what type of items do you sell?
Wong Pottery and I sell mainly functional pottery. I love making teapots, platters, bowls...everyday items that people will use and enjoy.

What made you decide to get into this business?
I've been playing with clay for many years. It is a very healing art for me. I escape into the basement to make pots whenever I get the urge, which is whenever I have free time. It's becoming my baby and I love to feel inspired by it and see it grow and touch peoples lives. The business is a way for me to connect with others with my art. I love that my pieces are being loved and used by others. I feel a bit of the creative me is being shared with others and that brings me lots of joy. Pottery has become a very empowering part of my life. It allows me to bring inspirations into fruition which is very inspiring

What is your business goal for the next year?
Potentially to open a shop in the southern Maine area where I can teach classes, have a gallery for my work, and connect with the community to share the healing and empowering aspects of pottery and art with others. I would also love to connect with some galleries locally or nationally that would like to show my work and sell, so I can get some more exposure and enter different markets.


Do you have pets? If so tell us a little about them.
My other baby is my black lab hound mix, Larry. He was adopted from Louisiana and is just the sweetest, goofiest dog. He gives sweet kisses and loves to cuddle, but also can really rip up the back yard playing fetch. We also have a blended family of three cats. My husband's two gray tiger cats, Poco and Mr. Bear, like to torment my female Calico, Declan. They are all very social and loving and playful. I love to lay with a purring cat on my chest. What a wonderful feeling!

Do you do this full time or do you have a day job?
This is a part time endeavor right now. I am a full time 5th grade teacher, but teach clay classes at my school and also do private lessons in my free time. It is a dream for it to be a full time project, or at least a more time project.

Do you have any special interests, crafts, talents? If so, what is your latest project?
I like to think that pottery is a special talent. I've also gotten into mosaics lately, and may start making tiles with clay.
List three things we would be surprised to know about you?
I ran a half marathon, I find it empowering to use power tools, I participated in the National Toboggin Championships


Where can we find your shop products?

Etsy.com
Bittersweet Barn in Casco, Maine

3 comments:

Mishkat March 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

I really like this profile. I often get my hands in dirt a different way, and I also think it's very healing. And the pottery is beautiful, of course!

Anonymous,  March 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

What a beautiful tea set! I love the colours.

BeadedTail March 6, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Beautiful work and wonderful feature!

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates