2.14.2009

Nostalgia Saturday

Featuring RED candy throughout the month of February!

Cinnamon Candy Hearts (aka Red Hots)
I have never been a big fan of these, they were always that candy I ate if there was nothing else better - or on a dare: fill your mouth up with as many as you can. They were sweet and cinnamon-y and got stuck in your teeth. But I appreciate them now, not that I like them any better, but I think I must have had them every February for my entire life so now they are a staple. One of those things you walk by in the store and say "I really need to buy a package of these".

This BLOG has a great write up about them: and I totally agree about Red #40 - I can taste it no matter WHAT it's in........

3 comments:

Mishkat February 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

I think these are better for baking with than they are for eating - but I sort of like them (Atomic Fireballs are better!)

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

you remember hot tamalies? Those were a childhood candy I loved. Those and gum drops! My grandmother even had a gumdrop tree that she would put out every Yule season. The white ones always poofed 1st ~.^

That's an awesome picture.

BeadedTail February 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Oh I remember these! I used to fill up my mouth with them too since they are so small. I prefer Hot Tamales though for the hot, cinnamony flavor.

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates