1.31.2009

Nostalgia Saturday

Back when I was teaching elementary school music, we used to sing a song about Pumpkin Stew, turn over a drum and take these pumpkins made out of orange construction paper - draw a face on the front, and on the back the students had to draw a squiggly line. The threw them into the stew, we sang the song then we all picked out a pumpkin, and sang the line on the back of what ever pumpkin we drew - as a way to use their high and low voice. For assessments, we did the lines one at a time. It was really fun and engaging for the kids. Ah, Youth!



Just a reminder that I'll draw a name for the porcelain figure tomorrow so today is your last day to comment on the three column blog and/or the porcelain!!!!! Here's the original post _

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 31, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

That pumpkin stew exercise looks like a lot of fun!

Mishkat February 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

That's a really good idea. I wish I had taken voice lessons when I was younger - my voice is not very good but I think some of that is because it's untrained. Plus I just don't have a good ear.

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates