1.08.2009

A little about Stoli:

Mishkat had a great idea to write a little bio about our cats......

Name: Stolichnaya (AKA Stoli), yes named after the vodka
Nick-Names: Baby
DOB: February 2nd, 2006, the same date we signed for our first house.
Stoli came to me via Gas Kansas back in 2006. He was such a bundle of energy, just as much as now. Only know he knows how to tick me off. He rode Continental pet cargo and we picked him up in Boston. He had been en route since 5am and was so glad to be out of that carrier when we got home at 6pm.



In January '07 he got really sick and we were scared we were going to lose him. His white blood cell count was .8, yes that's right. .8. It's supposed to be in the teens. He had a bone marrow test for leukemia. It came back negative and he recovered nicely. He of course was very upset that he had to have a patch of skin shaved but he eventually got over it. I even stayed home from work for a couple days to be with him. It was so nice, stressful but nice.



Stoli loves bread, specifically buttered toast. He'll follow you all around even if you're a stranger to have some. He has a thing for cheez-its, and any REAL kitty food smothered in gravy.

Stoli's favorite toy is his half eaten furry mouse.

Stoli's favorite nap spot is any where where Luxor isn’t - preferably in the cabinet above the stove.


Stoli loves butt rubs, kisses from mommy, laying fetch with his mouse or some socks, washcloths, clothes washed in bleach.

Stoli: I used to open them a tiny bit and let them slam to let my humans know I was finding my own food. Now I can’t have any fun because almost all the cabinets have special magnetic locks on them, but I’m working on holding them magnet….

My favorite thing Stoli does: jump from the ground up to my shoulder. He use to do that when I took him out side on a leash and he still does it today.....

4 comments:

Mishkat January 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

I'm really glad you posted this! Stoli's baby picture is unbelievably cute. I can't believe he flew all that way on an airplane when he was that little - and that illness he got sounds really scary. (Even the shaved photo is cute, though!) And I'd love to see a photo of him on your shoulder.

Great bio - glad to learn more about handsome Stoli!

Lux January 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Stoli, you're a cutie! I can't *believe they stole your furs also. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

BeadedTail January 10, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

I enjoyed learning about Stoli! My cats love the butter on buttered toast - if we don't watch out, you'll turn around and catch them licking our toast!

Mishkat January 13, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

I forgot to write that we have an ancient one of those "Kitty Can't Cope" sacks (beside Luxor in the "shaved" photo) - I think we've had it for over 10 years! It was one of the best cat toys ever - years of fun. We bought it in a small gift shop in another state, so I never thought I'd find another one. The picture made me think of it so I just Googled them and they still make them (and in Maine!) Yay!

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates