10.30.2008

Beware of Alchemy

If you haven't used Etsy's Alchemy yet, be careful. You need to process everything through Etsy so it will register correctly with Paypal. And don't be lax with any deadlines - and don't make your deadlines too long - you lose the opportunity to file with Paypal for undelivered items after a time.

I ordered a custom wine cork backsplash from an Etsy seller (would love to place the name here, but my Etsy conscience is telling me not to). And our relationship was cordial and relaxed. I made the due date July 31, well - we were both fairly lax about it, After it was finished I paid.....

I kept convo'ing about when it would ship and all I'd receive is excuse after excuse about why it hasn't shipped. Finally at the end of September I received a convo that it had shipped a 'couple of days ago'.

Well, it's now the end of October and it hasn't arrived. I've contacted the seller numerous times with no return contact. Not a word about the delay with my $100 purchase. I feel very badly that this was my one and only experience with Alchemy and it's been poor.

Not only have I lost my ability to file with Paypal but I have no way to leave feedback because it's been so long...

beware.............

6 comments:

Paula Nelson October 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Ohhhh, that's awful.

I've been very confused by Alchemy. Months ago I had someone custom-order a sculpture from me through Alchemy, and we both couldn't quite figure out how to use it properly. We ended up abandoning it all together and setting up a custom order through a convo. I've since switched that Alchemy option 'off!'

Have you contacted Etsy admins about a non-delivery?
:~(

renovia October 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

I haven't yet. What can they do? They can't give me my $100 back which it what I want...oh and my wine corks.

Paula Nelson October 30, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

No, you won't get your money back (man that stinks!)
...but maybe it'll help shut the other person down so it doesn't happen again.

Mishkat October 31, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Sorry to hear that. I am wary of Alchemy for just that reason - if the custom order takes too long, then you have no recourse through PayPal.

I think you should contact Etsy just in case they can help (I'm assuming the seller is still on Etsy?) However, my experience with them is that all they try to do is contact the seller - and it took forever in my case. But sometimes it's a wake-up call for the seller - if they want to stay on Etsy, that is!

And if you used a credit card for PayPal, you can dispute the charge with your credit card company.

PurrPrints November 1, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

I'm sorryt o hear that--Alchemy is what brought me to etsy, actually--I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with it as a buyer--don't lose hope completely, I guess is what I'm saying! :)

renovia November 1, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

Well I'm really glad you had a good experience with Alchemy Purr, I hope to have a good experience too. I mean, I've completed transactions with others without any problem (yes Paula P. it was confusing!)

But this was the one thing I purchased through Alchemy on Etsy.......... and the seller still has my wine corks from my anniversaries, wedding, honeymoon, etc.

*frowny face*

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates