9.06.2008

What's wrong with my lilac bush?


my lilac bush
Originally uploaded by Endless Whimsy

I got this bush in June/July. I watered it when it needed it but we've had a lot of rain this summer. It hasn't been that hot. For the past two weeks though it hasn't rained and I let it dry out before I watered it. Maybe I let it go too long, but I've been watering it since it turned brown.

Is it time for the leaves to drop? Does it look like it has a disease? I love this bush like it's my second/third baby next to my cats. It's a dwarf lilac.

I don't want it to die. I cut the blooms off when they died and it was fine for a long time. Now I just am worried that I under/over watered it.....

HELP!

2 comments:

Mishkat September 8, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

It is hard to tell from this picture. I don't think it has anything to do with over-under watering though. (I'm a plant person, but don't know that much about shrubs - especially lilacs, since we're about at the southern point in their range). I think they're supposed to be pretty tough - though not sure about dwarf lilacs?

You might have to wait to see what happens next spring - and don't prune it back except for obviously dead branches - lilacs bloom on the previous year's wood.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Patty Sampson August 13, 2011 at 11:11 PM  

I have been having lilac issues lately. And from the research I have been doing it sounds like Lilac Blight. It is fixable with a spray of some kind. Go to images.google.com and enter lilac blight to see if it is the same as your bush. Good luck! I love my lilacs too and hope yours survives.

Followers

©Endless Whimsy™

All photos, videos and content of this blog are protected by copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
OurBlogTemplates